Our library was erected in 1917 with Andrew Carnegie funds.
An addition was put on in 1992, making it handicapped accessible, and increasing the square footage from 2808 to 4742. The addition was built with local funding and donations from alumni. The upstairs of the building was converted to the children's section complete with a tree house and reading bathtub!
Interested in more history? Check out the Iowa Historical Society!